Suitable for all teaching and support staff members.
This course will support you in understanding the emotional impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the return to school following lockdown. It will help you to explore the importance of getting SEMH support right by 'adopting a top-down to support the bottom-up' approach. It will provide you with a basic understanding of trauma and gives practical strategies that you can implement at no cost and with minimal staffing to ensure the largest, most sustainable changes in SEMH practice for students and colleagues over the shortest period. The presentation is broken down into short sections and will take 1 hour to complete.
On completion of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of:
• How we can best safeguard the mental health of students and staff on the return to school
• Respecting the ways in which lockdown may have affected us all
• Considering the impact of the pandemic on future learning
• Determining where to start
• Attaching a framework for success
• Practical strategies for support
• Understanding our moral and ethical responsibilities