‘Amazing, kind, and dedicated’ are words every teacher wants to hear and when it features in a report following the latest Ofsted inspection, it’s the icing on the cake. And, even more so given it wasn’t the only positive feedback received from our pupils, parents, and staff in a report, which saw the school maintain its ‘Good’ Ofsted rating.
Our Principal, Paul Holroyd joined the school in 2020 to continue the work of his predecessor in improving the school, expanding its curriculum, and creating a positive experience for children, many of whom say they had previously had a negative experience of education.
Mr. Holroyd said: ‘I am incredibly proud of our school, its staff, students, and parents, who have collectively helped to make this happen. The feedback we have received via our staff survey and parent feedback via Ofsted Parent View is testament to the hard work and effort put in to ensure this school provides a positive learning and supportive environment for all our children.’
A full copy of the report can be found here: https://www.nyland-pri.swindon.sch.uk/about/achievements
Some of the report highlights include:
- “Many pupils who attend the school have had negative experiences of education in the past. At Nyland, things turn around and become positive. Pupils and parents say this is because staff are ‘amazing,’ ‘kind’, and ‘dedicated.”
- Pupils are ‘proud of their work in mathematics’ and a new approach to reading has seen pupils ‘becoming more confident about reading aloud’.
- “Staff make sure that pupils learn well and tackle any gaps they might have in their learning.”
- “Pupils’ learning to become effective learners and good citizens is the foundation of Nyland School. The personal, social, and health curriculum is carefully planned so that pupils learn about relationships, being healthy and staying safe”
- Staff are proud of their work and ‘want to keep improving the curriculum’, which Ofsted described as ‘broad and ambitious.’
Retaining a positive Ofsted grade is a great achievement and one we are truly proud of. We’d like to thank all our staff, governors, pupils, their families, and the whole school community for their continued support.
Everyone at Nyland School remains committed to continuing to improve our school and creating positive experiences for all our students, ensuring they are ready for their next step in their education when the time comes.